Job Description: Director, Business Development – Biometrics Clinical Trails
Director, Business Development (Germany and Austria)
Salary – Circa €100,000 Depending on Experience plus fantastic bonus / commission and benefits package
Compass Life Sciences are delighted to announce that continuing our partnership, we are supporting a global Biometrics focussed CRO with their search for a talented and passionate Business Development professional. The Director, Business Development for Germany and Austria joins an industry leading and hugely successful commercial team, who are leading the way in building the brand, and reputation of our global client. Due to an exceptional 2018, they are looking to add to their commercial team, by recruiting a Director of Business Development to oversee growth across Germany and Austria.
As part of a high growth sales team, the Director of Business Development plays a key role in establishing and developing relationships with prospective customers and clients within their region. Targeting Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies within Germany, Austria, and more widely across Europe, you are responsible for the delivery of financial targets by provision of best in class Biometrics solutions. You will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and creating significant new revenue streams and on-going business opportunities, to ensure that your targeted bookings, revenues, profitability, and crucially customer satisfaction objectives, within your territory are realised. You will have the autonomy to evaluate and secure new business opportunities through targeting new prospects and expanding the relationships within existing clients across your territory.
As the Director, Business Development within Germany and Austria, you will also have responsibility for building awareness of the company’s service capabilities, by successfully positioning the company’s strategy, vision and market leadership with key business executives and functional decision-makers in all customers and prospects. You will manage the sales process, ensuring all opportunities are qualified technically and commercially, and build a pipeline of new business by running or assisting with necessary meetings, RFPs, bid defences, and by ensuring the team’s process and preparedness on for both the buyer and seller side are set appropriately.
In addition to this you can expect to;
- Oversee new business development and sales activities for consulting, biostatistics and data management services within Germany and Europe
- Prospect and develop the territory by identifying target opportunities, customers and relationships
- Schedule client meetings in support of qualified sales opportunities with colleagues
- Create, build and manage excellent client and internal relationships to improve territory performance
- Develop and execute account plans for targeted accounts that delineate goals and growth strategies for each relationship
Our client is looking for highly talented Business Development professionals for this position, and as such there are key criteria which candidates need to be able to demonstrate before they are considered. This is a high profile, and crucial role for our client, and as such it is essential that the right candidate is brought in who can be successful and be set up for success from day one. As such, our client is looking for candidates who can bring a demonstratable and proven track record selling Clinical Trial Services, with a background in Statistical Programming, Clinical Data Management, or Statistics, within a CRO, hospital or biopharma company. You will naturally be fluent to a business level in German and be comfortable to travel across your territory on a regular basis to meet your position’s targets and deliverables.
In addition to this ideally, you will have:
- BS degree in a science (preferably life sciences or statistics); PhD or MBA preferred
- Significant high-level sales experience with a track record of successfully selling CRO services into the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience selling biometrics services or clinical operations/regulatory services, and thorough understanding of clinical trials
- Have or quickly develop a strong understanding of Statistical Programming, Data Management, and the Statistical design, simulation and analysis of clinical trials
- Preferably started career in scientific, clin ops, stats or stats programming field and transferred into business development and sales
- Existing network and relationships with key decision-makers across prospect and client organizations in the German territory in clinical operations, biostatistics and data management functions and the ability and desire to leverage these to build the company’s services business
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, without the need for significant infrastructure and support, and an understanding of the dynamics of a growth-stage company
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary and commission / bonus pot for this role, coupled with significant accelerators for over performance. Our client is known looking after their team and are widely recognised as a leader in their field when it comes down to not only reward and compensation, but also for fostering a highly engaged and motivated workforce. You will have access to generous benefits including Company Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, and a range of other benefits which are administered locally in your country of residence. Given the flexibility on the base of this role, the benefits will also vary, so further details can be provided at the point of introduction.
Our client is a leading provider of Clinical Research services and Clinical Trial Design and Analysis software/services primarily for the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries, as well as for academic and government researchers. All the top 25 leading global pharmaceutical companies use our client’s technologies to design, simulate, and analyse their clinical studies. As industry leaders and pioneers of the supporting statistical methods, every adaptive trial they have designed has been accepted by international regulators. The work our client does is within an externally recognised supportive and exciting environment, which offers plenty of challenges and advancement opportunities for everyone. Take the chance to help improve the way clinical trials are run.
How to Apply
If you would like further information, and to be considered for this role, please contact David Jolley directly on +44 (0)23 93 874 320 or +44 (0)7738 586 627. Alternatively email an updated CV to email@example.com
Compass Associates Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £250 worth of John Lewis Vouchers for each successful recommendation.