Job Description: Deputy Manager – Elderly Nursing – GOOD CQC
Deputy Manager – Elderly Nursing – GOOD CQC
£36,000 – £38,000 and Benefits
40 hours per week – Supernumerary & Clinical Shifts
Compass Associates are working with a highly regarded care provider that operates a portfolio of care homes across the UK. The company are now looking for a Deputy Manager in their elderly dementia nursing home in Kidderminster, Worcestershire. This role is with an excellent provider in the care home sector that ensure staff are rewarded for providing high quality care in line with CQC requirements.
The key responsibilities of the Deputy Manager include
- Be responsible for monitoring standards of care delivered by qualified and unqualified care staff by observation and direct involvement, ensuring that all residents receive quality person centred care and that care plans are fully maintained.
- Support the Manager in the implementation of all policies, procedures and business objectives.
- Preparing the staff duty rota to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times.
- Instructing staff in safe systems of work, fire safety and evacuation procedures, as well as inducting new staff.
- Be responsible for monitoring each resident’s state of wellbeing and being aware of any change impacting on care and care plans, updating to reflect new needs.
- Act as a focal point for contact with residents, their relatives and visitors, as well as health and social care professionals involved in their well-being, acting upon requests and ensuring concerns or complaints are dealt with appropriately.
- Liaise with the Home Manager across the range of operational activity to be able to assume responsibility for managing the Home during the manager’s scheduled and unscheduled absences, including marketing of the Home to existing and potential residents and relatives.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
- Passion for Elderly care.
- Extensive leadership experience.
- Experience in running a Nursing homes.
- Exposure to safeguarding’s & CQC regulations.
- Ability to market and establish relationships in the local community.
- Nurse qualified.
- Active NMC Pin.
This role is covering the Kidderminster area of Worcestershire. Easily commutable from Dudley, Worcester, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Bromsgrove, Redditch and Telford.
The interview process will be in a two stage format.
Stage one: Face to face formal (Competency based & CV review): Home Manager
Stage two: Formal interview with Regional Manager and Home Manager
My client is seeking a Deputy Manager with exposure to elderly care, where the successful candidate can lead and inspire a team to provide high quality care and the best person centred care. In exchange, my client is offering a salary of up to £38,000k per annum.
Compass Associates Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £200 of John Lewis vouchers for each successful recommendation.
Feel free to come back to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are free to talk, I am available on 02392 316 033 or 07854194097 I’d be happy to answer any questions that you might have or even meet up for a coffee and as always, all our calls are fully confidential.
Apply for this jobApply Now